In collaboration with Cultural Vistas, the award-winning research lab at Carnegie Mellon’s Visual Intelligence Studio (VIS) will host a training program for future leaders in artificial intelligence and augmented reality technologies. The virtual program is designed to:
- Deliver live demos in artificial intelligence and augmented realities
- Expand research opportunities to a global audience
- Prepare future STEM leaders with skills for real-world problem-solving, fast learning, and teamwork
The curriculum includes orientations, assignments, project meetings, cultural activities, and a final report. The program will be delivered via Zoom and Teamviewer over a period of 12 weeks– May 24 –August 13, 2021. Participants can anticipate using Facebook groups for discussion.
Participants who complete the program will receive the following:
- A Leadership Certificate from the VIS lab at Carnegie Mellon
- Chance to apply for internship at the VIS lab
- Additional professional opportunities and prizes
All applicants must submit a resume, two references, and one page statement of purpose. The CMU selection committee will conduct an interview to evaluate the qualification and oral English-speaking skills. The requirements include:
- Available only to non-US Citizens majoring in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or close ones, in BS or MS programs
- Experience in OpenCV, Unity, Game Engine, Android, Raspberry Pi, or Arduino is a plus but not required.
- Ability to meet the deadlines
Applications are to be submitted first to the IAESTE United States
- a fee of $100 will be charged to all applicants (waiver available for applicants from low income countries per World Bank)
- Applications for 2021 are closed.
IAESTE United States has partnered with VIS lab for almost 10 years to deliver international internships. We are excited to partner for this opportunity. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com.